Pacific Medical Centers Medical Assistant - Madison Cardiology in Bothell, Washington
Find out what you're looking for at PacMed as a Medical Assistant!
$3,000 sign on bonus eligible!
What can you expect when you join PacMed as a Medical Assistant? Our employees are committed to delivering great care to our patients and to working effectively and respectfully with one another. The patients you will care for are culturally and clinically diverse, creating an interesting and stimulating career. PacMed also offers a internal Certification Program that promotes clinical excellence and skill progression to meet the demands of the ever changing landscape of healthcare and includes recognition throughout the system.
Please take a few moments to view the video below which highlights our culture of caring for patients and each other:
In this position you will:
• Assists nursing and physician staff with direct patient care by assisting patients to appropriate treatment areas, prepare patient areas for examination, help with patient exams and procedures, following universal precautions and sterile technique, and help to discharge patients.
• Performs a range of diagnostic support duties which include monitoring patient vital signs and reporting deviations in a timely manner, gross visual observation of patients and reporting changes in condition to nursing staff or provider, and initiation of CPR when needed.
• Performs and records a variety of treatment procedures as ordered by the provider and performed under the clinical direction of the nurse or physician.
• Assists with collecting lab specimens; labels specimens, prepares requisitions, and performs tests.
• Administers injections (intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermally).
• Other Duties:
• May act as support to the RN staff by completing additional assignments as delegated, such as:
◦ Expediting prescription refill requests by delivering/sending related faxes and contacting patients as needed.
◦ Processing chart, dictation, and lab result requests.
◦ Closing IDX Customer Service Modules (CSMs).
◦ Calling or returning calls to patients, under the direction of a provider.
◦ Scheduling diagnostic tests.
◦ Completing forms based on information found in the medical record.
◦ Tracks patient wait times in collaboration with front desk.
◦ Checks provider mailbox several times a day and takes appropriate action with the contents.
◦ Ensures accurate and timely encounter batching at the end of the day.
Required qualifications for this position include:
H.S. Diploma or GED
Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
Currently licensed to practice in Washington as a certified MA or LPN.
Interim MA Certification accepted upon hire; medical assistant certified credential required within six months of hire.
Basic Life Support certification within 1 month of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years of experience within a medical setting
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high-quality, patient-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve.
Quality and respect. These are the words Pacific Medical Centers (PacMed) employees live and work by. PacMed is a private, not-for-profit, primary and integrated multispecialty health care network with 10 outpatient clinics across the Puget Sound region and more than 175 primary and specialty care providers. Affiliated with the Providence Health & Services system, PacMed provides patient-focused health care — and even same-day appointments — to patients in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties. We provide immediate access to cutting-edge technology, first-class facilities and board-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among “Seattle’s Best Doctors.”
Pacific Medical Centers, PacMed, and their Affiliates' (collectively “PacMed”) comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. PacMed does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 241531